Minor Documents (Minor-Doc)
- J.R.R. Tolkien, various dates
Various minor documents such as letters published by auction houses and other sources. The list below links to the original
document, if it is available. References are by the date the document was originally written by Tolkien or (where this cannot
be determined) the date of discovery or publication. The reference cites only relevant Elvish text.
- 1955-CT - 1955 inscription in Christopher Tolkien’s copy of The Return of the King, first published in The Great Tales Never End: Essays in Memory of Christopher Tolkien in 2022.
- 1963-12-18 - a letter to Jonathan Hepworth.
- 1964-03-05 - a letter to Eileen Elgar.
- 1973-05-30 - a letter to Phillip Brown.
- 2012-12-30 - notes on what appears to a variant Elvish language, Nala Lambe, also discussed in a couple Lambengolmor posts: 5e9c3605acad32fd587a3a86 and 5e9c3605acad32fd587a3a88. The text itself is not include in Eldamo, because analysis is too difficult due to its fragmentary nature.
- 2013-05-13 - Inscription in a copy of the Fellowship of the Rings sold in 2013.
- 2015-11-09 - notes on a draft map for Pauline Baynes, probably made around 1970 and rediscovered in 2015.