S. Poros loc.
A river in southern Gondor marking the boundary with Harondor, appearing on the maps of The Lord of the Rings (LotR/1185). The meaning of the name is unclear.
Conceptual Development: When it first appeared in Lord of the Rings drafts from the 1940s, this name was already N. Poros (TI/312), and it was glossed “Boundary”, but whether this was a translation or a description is unclear.
References ✧ PMI; UTI